Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Last minute dash

GARDEN














Deciding that the 4mm ply was suitable for my project, I knew I had to attend every available Wednesday laser-cut Bump-in session, at The Edge, over the next few months - to ensure all nine works were completed in time for exhibiting. . . 
(Thank you to the incredible team at The Edge who show an incredible degree of patience and enthusiasm . . .)
However, I did not predict the unforeseen breakages during sanding and printing. . . which needed to be re-cut. More time.








And, I realised that quite a few of the drawings I had developed into Vector files, once cut, were no longer works I wanted to be included in the exhibition. . . . 




 

So, it was always back to the drawing, painting and observing the garden, at the Rusty Roo, for inspiration.

                                     Small oil studies

Night visitor


Another aspect of an exhibition is the artists statement. The accompanying explanation for the process of the work. 

The concept.


Being at The Edge, at the State Library, I found I was encouraged by people I encountered, to keep building on my desire for story-telling.  (note . . not grammar or spelling!) 










I realised that Art, Gardens and Test, despite being unique dialects, when amalgamated, they echoed and supplemented each other. It was through my exploration of text which helped me come to terms with the complexity of imagery, I discovered each day in our garden.










From sunrise to sunset a constant array of ever-changing imagery.

 


I also noticed there was as much desire to see the laser-cut as there was to hear how and why I had developed each image.







Participation - CHOICE

There are numerous lasting, precious gifts we can pass on to our children: knowledge, clean air, fertile soil, solitude, growth, and others are fur and wings. However, birds, animals and man are worlds apart in their abilities to build. Man deconstructs, reconstructs and often destroys, while birds manage to leave the landscape as it was before.



Only eight more to write . . . .  no pressure!!!!