Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Work is slowly progressing for exhibition in 2010



After my illness i had to stop using oils and their additives. Ahhhhhh !
As a result I had to take the time to rediscover using acrylics, which I had previously delegated to the bottom of the heap . . . . as limited in their possibilities. For me, they always appeared to be thin in their application and lacked the lusciousness of oils, that I had grown accustomed to. . . . . .and loved !
They say necessity is the mother of all invention . . . . I may have to agree !!
Recent experimentation is slowly revealing some positive aspects of this medium. I have to admit that I am enjoying the process and will continue with the ' re-discovery'.

2 comments:

Artist said...

Your art work is still as fabulous as ever............
and I love those mosiac seats you were sitting on................bloody awesome...........

Great to hear from you again, would love to see you again..........
take care of you babe and keep up the great work
xkc

Artist said...

Look forward to seeing the completed works. Love all the layering. You are demonstrating an excellent degree of control using acrylics. Congratulation. H